View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-08, 15:58
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

carlh_uk I'm almost 50 years old. I have experimented a lot on my body. My back round as to weight lifting started in the 70's mostly power lifting. I have seen people put on an amazing amount of muscle over short periods of time. If you take a person that has not been very active and have them lift to failure every time they work out, they will pack on muscle quickly. I've been around and lifted with lots of bodybuilders. So I know and have done everything from low reps with heavy weights (635 deadlift) to light weights high reps, HIIT, 5X5, 6 day a week plans doing one body part, 5 day plans, ect... If you read my post to Kara above I said "I'll let you know how I'm doing, going to start next week." So yes I am going to experiment and see if Slow Burn works. Not a big deal just 12 weeks out of my life. I don't know everything, but I have experienced a lot. There is always more than one way to skin a cat (or improve your self lifting weights). Carbs play such a small role in building muscle, protein and fat(amino acids) play a much bigger role. If you have researched exercise, diet, and health as much as many people here you would be a little more open minded to the new research, and not the babel put out by a health system that isn't trying to cure anyone, but trying to improve their bottom line by keeping people sick. I can tell you are young, remember there's more than one way to get to a goal. As long as your happy with your results keep doing it that way. Its just not everyones way...Bru