View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-18, 12:47
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Frankly, I'd have a much easier time estimating my exercise regimen on a survey than I would recalling my eating patterns. I wouldn't be surprised if this trend is real. Obesity is an problem on the rise and I don't doubt that some people are in panic mode about it. "They" tell us to eat less and exercise more. If you are eating bad food it is really hard to eat less when you are exercising more.

I recently joined my nearby YMCA. I was surprised how big it was -- pool, indoor walking track, and at least 200 stations in the gym for lifting weights, treadmill, step machines, stationary bikes, elliptical, etc. I was also surprised how busy it is. I've been going there after work and I'd say that 80% of the equipment is in use at those peak hours. While there are plenty of normal BMI gym rats working out, a high percentage of the regulars are overweight, obese, or morbidly obese. There are lots of folks over 50, too. I do think that people are trying. They just don't get the right message. As long as your joints can take it, exercise is good. But eating right has to come first.