View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-07, 23:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175.2/172.4/130 Female 5'8"
BF:30.6/30.6/20
Progress: 6%

TOM- is Time of month

Hey Val, I have just read all your post and i have to say that you have so much wisdom and spunk and I LOVED reading what you had to say. You really know your stuff!
I have to say that I came here because I am on Atkins induction plan and have had a hard time losing weight. About 6 years ago I did atkins and lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks. I was in my late 20's then and really working out. So this time I thought it would be the same. ummm not so much. I'm working out ALL the time and in ketosis so I can't understand why the pounds aren't melting off. Well, after reading your posts from 2003 I understand a little bit more now. I was weighing myself 3 or 4 times a day and each time the scale would go up and I would get so frustrated. Well today is day 3 of NO SCALE!!! I've put it up and refuse to weigh myself daily. I will pull it out again in a week or two just to check, but I'm not going to obsess about it anymore. I workout daily and I eat pretty good (I'm now going to look into upping my calories a bit. And see where that takes me.)
I'm frustrated because my hubby announced last Sunday that he was taking me to Hawaii for our anniversary on Jan 11th. That doesn't give me enough time to be sports illustrated hot but maybe I will be down a couple of pounds and feeling better about myself.
Thanks so much for your wise words. You have no idea how many people you reach!
Amy
P.s. Good luck to those of you on the FF! You can do it!!!