View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Sep-24-09, 12:20

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Just reporting in on a shake related thing:

Tried the Jay Robb Egg White Protein - instead of the Whey Protein today. The girl at the counter said she didn't like it as much - "it's even blander" she said. I like the JR stuff because it's stevia sweetened, unlike most of the other brands, so I was not worried.

But we had it this morning - and it *was* a little - I don't know - salty? bitter? maybe it was salty. It was harder to drink.

I haven't found anything that says that egg is better than whey - just thought it might be good to switch it up a little since whey is really sort of dairy and egg is egg.

We were losing weight on whey, so we'll be switching back to that - just for taste.

BTW, someone asked about where to get Jay Robb protein cheaper? I don't know - two of my local vitamin/nutrition stores have sales on the 24oz size for $33 or $34 . Whole Foods had the same size for $45.

I saw online that there is an 80 oz size, but I haven't seen any big sales on that one. If I can even find it for an equivalent price of the 24oz, I'll definitely buy it. I'm already tired of going to the store all the time.

Sarah