Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/152/115 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by randisue
Hi HappyHat,
Glad to hear from you. How old are your older kids? Are they out of the house yet?

I'm 45, married, and kidless. Our kids are all grown. They are my son, 25; my daughter, 22; dh's son, 20, and dh's son, 18. Plus my son has given us a granddaughter.

We move to North Carolina last August. The kids and most of my family are back in WI and MN. I miss them all terribly.

About me: 246 lbs. Started ATkins today, although was on it for around a year, about one year ago. I'm looking forward to feeling good and getting all this weight off.

I used to live in Killeen TX in the mid 80s with my first husband. We were Army at Ft. Hood. I never wanted to go to TX due to all the spiders and snakes I heard about. But I loved TX, just like I loved all the placed I have ever lived.

How long have you been LCing. Which plan are you on? Atkins also?

God's blessings to you,
Randi

My oldest is a son who is 28 and my next oldest is a daughter who will be 26 in October. BTW her father and I lived in Killeen and Temple while he was stationed at Fort Hood during the late 70's. Then we were in Germany for about a year and a half. They both live near by. They have their own homes. My daughter blessed us with a sweet grand daughter who unfortunately lived only 6 days. She had turners syndrone and needed a heart transplant. I don't have any other grand children yet. I am looking forward to that someday. My 16 year old son lives near Dallas with his uncle.
My sisters lived in Zebulon NC near Raleigh for many years. I have been to NC a few times. It's beautiful there. But Texas has a hold on me!
I started Atkins on May 23rd this year. I had done a low carb plan twenty years ago and really lost alot of weight. But I haven't dieted since then and really packed the pounds on. This will be a way of life for me now. I want to be healthier and feel better. I already can feel the difference. I hope to feel good enough to become as active as I used to be but I have a back problem and I am not sure if it will be physically possible. I am hoping losing the weight will be enough to allow more activity. I am being very cautious about that though because I don't want to injure myself. . It's good to see all the Christians on this board. What a joy!
God Bless,
Carolyn