#14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 10:14
Registered Member

Plan: zone
Stats: 205/165/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Teena,

I have trouble with the concept that you have to eat when you are not hungry also. What I tried to do was see how much food I would eat following my hunger and then try to spread it out to 5 meals a day and try to keep them balanced. I did this because I'd rather eat with my family than at any odd times. But some of my meals are small and some are larger so I do factor in my hunger. For example, I'll judge whether I want 1 or 2 or even 3 eggs and adjust the carbohydrates accordingly. This way, I'm keeping my blood sugar stable. You get hungry when you are losing sugar to your brain. If you don't feel hungry, your body thinks it is doing ok. This is good to a point; if you go a long time past your hunger signal, then your body will break down protein into glucose to feed your brain. That's when it becomes bad. So my theory is that as long as you really eat when you are hungry and you try to keep it real food and balanced, you won't have a problem following your hunger. Some people don't get very hungry because their metabolism is so down-shifted; these people can be in danger of eating too little if they follow their hunger.

KSRT

p.s. Were you the one who was trying the glucofast? I would be interested in how that's working out for you!