#15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-09, 08:56

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsoda
You mentioned in passing that you have depression. I can 'hear' it in what you're writing (I have it myself, so I'm attuned to it). This is a big deal. Depression can make it extremely difficult to keep your weight down, and some people crave carbs terribly from it (like me sometimes).

More importantly though, it affects your attitude towards your weight. .

SO true and very good advice. I can't tell you how many times I've sabotaged myself by letting myself think something like, "What da' hell, I didn't lose anything this week, might as well....." have some carbs, eat that thing I know I don't need, etc, etc, etc. And once you open up that particularly dark door there's often no turning back. So you just can't let yourself go there.

Read these boards often, read every book on LC you can find, subscribe to every LC webzine there is, whatever it takes to keep you constantly aware, so you don't fall back into the old "what does it matter, I'm not losing!" routine we do in our heads. Okay, so you didn't lose this week - might not lose next week - but you will lose eventually if you stay the course. Hang in there.