Thread: 50 mile run
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 09:15
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

First - congratulations! What an accomplishment to finish, even DFL. I'm sure there were more than a few that didn't finish even. I've read about your ultra runs before, quite inspiring.

I'm curious though, I thought you had kind of given up on running low-carb. I thought I'd read posts of yours previously where you said you found you just didn't have the energy for long runs without the carbs. Maybe I'm confused and mixing you up with someone else.

You said you need some carbs to race, did you take some of the carbs offered along the run?

I'm just asking because I'm curious. I'm working on building up to a 10k (nothing compared to your running, I know) and I've pretty much given up on running on low-carb. I can run on maintenance-level carbs, but not really low-carb. I don't bonk running on low-carb obviously, I'm not running long enough, but it's like I start out a little bonked, slow, tired and my legs feeling heavy.

I imagine I could run my 10k that way, but I'd be really slow and I have to confess, half the fun for me is trying to improve my times.

Val