View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-07, 19:33
Beautiful Disaster

Plan: tbl/common sense
Stats: 380/341/299 Female 6'0"
BF:so i've been told
Progress: 48%

One thing that no one mentioned, and I'm kind of shocked as to why not, is that the bars may SAY they only have 2-5 ECC, but they don't. If you look at a hidden carb counter, most of them have close to 19 carbs per bar. That right there will throw you off if you're trying to stick to "induction" levels of carbs.

Also, some people react poorly to the sugar alcohol's in the shakes & bars and won't ever lose while eating them.

Not to mention, you're trying to do Atkins but are starving yourself of all the proper nutrients. If you are in ketosis but are not getting adequate amounts of protein and fat in your diet, your body will think it is being starved and will absorb everything you put into it because it doesn't think it's being supplied with enough to survive.

Also keep in mind, that Atkins was not designed to be done by vegetarians, so if you're going to go strictly vegetarian, you need to follow more acceptable guidelines .. you can't say "i want to do Atkins induction" and then later say "I don't like tofu or soy or this or that", because you're leaving yourself with literally nothing to eat except vegetables, and as any vegetarian will tell you, you do need more than just veggies to stay healthy - you need your dairy (or supplements) and you NEED your protein.

What you're talking about doing is borderline dangerous.