View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-16, 18:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Could you try this? Patience.

I know, I know. It is NOBODY's favorite word. But the reality is that if you start messing around with your eating, you could stall longer.

I absolutely endorse Janet's idea: accept that LCHF is a very healthy way to eat, and that, because of the damage done to your body by all the meds, along with being post menopausal, this may take a lot longer than you want it to.

There is another poster here who had a terribly long stall, after losing less than 10 lbs. But she has a very stressful life, takes NSAIDs, does not get enough sleep (nor will she, for the foreseeable future) and works both a tough physical job and a tough desk job.

She stalled for as long as you---then suddenly lost five more pounds.

We don't damage our bodies overnight, and they don't heal overnight, either. All those meds, especially the steroids, do cause long term damage. It's not irreversible. But it does take time.

If you are enjoying your WOE, just continue on, and give your body time to heal. If it's of interest to you, try, for a week to count your nutrients: carbs, fats, proteins on a daily basis. You can count calories, too, just to see if you are eating too many or too few.

Living with too much weight is so challenging, and we want it to get better quickly. But sometimes, our bodies need to make internal changes that we can't even see, before they allow us to continue on.

While I had less to lose when I started this WOE, still, I am not yet at my goal, and I've been at this for 38 months: with a 12 lb gain when I allowed stress to get me eating dried fruit by the bagful, I've lost a total of 47 lbs in 38 months. Not exactly speedy, is it? But, as Janet commented, I've had to learn that danged patience, and realize that my choices are the eat this healthy way, and watch the fat ever so slowly melt away, or go back to where I was.

It's no contest, really.