View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-18, 09:09

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
today I'm 300lbs again, meaning I've lost another 4lbs, making it a total of 25lbs lost in 8 weeks,on the Keto/Omad Diet!!!

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations on reaching a magnificent milestone! Nobody here minds at all when you brag/gloat a little bit. We celebrate with you and cheer you on!

Too bad your doctor didn't give you a script for blood glucose monitor so you could track your blood sugars regularly. I'm betting that you have already made significant strides in getting your T2 diabetes under control and, nice as the weight-loss is, ensuring that you don't lose toes or eyesight (or worse) to diabetes is even better!

My hubby (now age 67) was diagnosed with T2 diabetes in February 2014. Our efforts to control his BG with diet alone led us to LC/ketogenic WOE. We've stuck with it ever since and his HbA1Cs remain perfectly normal. His doctor took him off metformin a couple of years ago... closest thing to a "cure" possible. Meanwhile, we have so many friends -and family members - who are moving inexorably down the the path of "diabetes is a progressive disease" and having to take more and more medications. Why? Because fear of eating fat has scared them off of even trying a low-carb approach.

Even tho I don't know you, I rejoice that you're on the path to health again! Every success story becomes one more data point that may SOMEDAY help convince a diabetic that I personally know and love that the "eat low fat" advice that he/she has bought into is just deadly.

Welcome to the forum and I'll be cheering your progress...both weight loss and blood sugar control!