Old Fri, Aug-19-11, 10:40
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
Very interested in this thread and the original post because I've been wondering about SB and fat. I had great success on SB recently, lost 20lbs (a miracle for me) and then got all gung-ho about low carb generally. I broke a 6 week stall by adding fat (learned from a thread on this website) and was amazed by it. So....I went searching for all the articles and information I could lay my hands on about every lc plan I could find. The result: I'm utterly confused!

All that confusion and mixing and matching showed up this morning in a 2lb weight gain - the first actual gain since I started lc. I've read enough great advice on this website to know it's not necessary to panic. Therefore I am NOT going to give in to my first instinct which was to just stop eating altogether for a day or two (old habits stay to haunt us, sigh). But it has made me resolve to go back to where I was having success, SB, and start again - albeit 18lbs lighter this time, yea! Judy's journey and willingness to help others is tremendously inspirational to me, so at the risk of sounding like a Judy groupie, if she is adding fat to SB but watching the numbers, then I'm going to give that a try too.

Has anybody else gone off the deep end with mixing and matching lc plans and ended up gaining weight? What did you do to turn it around and start losing again?

Hi,
If you can post a few days of your food, I can help you figure it out.

'Judy groupie' I like that!