View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-02-14, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/150 Female 5 ft. 5 in.
BF:
Progress: 12%

I feel like there's a very real concern that many low carbers get kind of religious about their beliefs with this WOE, and I'm one of them, however there's a danger to getting to that point because you can close yourself off to new and needed information.

I think that like "low carb flu", problems with the WOE should be brought to light so that they can be solved rather than left in the dark recesses to fester and make people who have the situation be made to feel that it is a character flaw and not the WOE that could have made the problem make itself known.

I may have had a thyroid problem (if in fact that is what this is) all along and switching to a low carb diet brought it to the front. But it has happened 2 different times of switching to low carb so there's duplication, it's enough to start an investigation. Especially in a person who NEEDS to be low carb to stay off of awful diabetes medications.

It is an amazing WOE and if we refuse to help people who find very real problems cropping up when they start it, we will lose them back in to the terrible SAD diet. I understand you have no more to say about how to fix my topic but I felt I couldn't just hold my tongue and worry that I've somehow gotten myself involved in a fanatic group of low carbers.