View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 18:31

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Physiology of weightloss

LCer, I haven't read the Atkins diet, just reviews. So I don't know what claims it actually makes. But I have been reading posts from people who've gone on that program expecting dramatic results.

So you made me go look it up. On page 22, Dr. Dchwarzbein has a box that explains what "water weight" loss is. And on Page 155 is the box that expalins why it is impossible to lose more that 2 pounds of body fat a week. It's in other places too, but I couldn't find them as easily.

This is what I like about Dr. Schwarzbein's book. She talks about how things work. She gives good, sound reasons to change your lifestyle and eating habits. And her program is easy to follow and satisfying from the first -- at least it was for me.

BTW: How are you testing your bouyancy? With that small a change you should not be able to tell yourself. I know that when I was a swimmer, in my teens, as my weight fluctuated and went up, I couldn't tell the difference, and at that time I was gaining a lot of fat.

BTW: An interesting note, I presume you edited your post a few times? I received 4 notices that you had posted it. I do the same thing -- go back and edit my posts. I didn't realize it caused multiple notices to thread subscribers.

Happy low-carbing, whatever method you choose,
;-Deb