View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 17:29

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I'm starting to feel like one of those people. I lost weight easily on Atkins several years ago -- and yes, I did let a lot of it creep back on. But since January I've been pretty determined to get the weight off, and keep it off, but have only lost 20 pounds. Can you imagine someone thinking that I don't have will power when you look at this list?

Gave up almost all carbs (regularly eat 20-30 carbs).
Gave up all sugar and sweeteners.
Gave up all alcohol.
Gave up all grains and am eating gluten-free.
Gave up all fast food.
Gave up almost all processed food.
Try to eat as real as possible with organic veggies and grain-fed beef.
I am much more dedicated than before, with very few results.

I'm assuming my metabolism is screwed up, I know I am hypothyroid, and I'm perimenopausal. But I'm working on all that stuff with Armour thyroid and other supplements (been doing hours and hours of reading and research).

Yes, my body has changed in other ways: No longer have high blood pressure, triglycerides half what they were, HDL up, fasting blood glucose in the low 80's, so apparently no longer pre-diabetic.

So how can I see all these wonderful results which should indicate that I am addressing my insulin resistance, and am doing everything as suggested in the stalls area of this blog, spending lots of time getting educated -- and yet not lose much weight?

I wonder if I'm doomed to be fat? Or how extreme will I have to go? I don't want to do anything stupid as I get desperate -- but I'm starting to visit this site less and less as others get results eating a lot less clean than I do. I'm getting very discouraged, and hearing this information from Gary Taubes isn't making me feel any better.