View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 12:40

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi, I'm new too. Started about a week and a half ago. About the time you did, but didn't find this site until last week. On one of the other threads "TheBetty" was very helpful. My problem is learning my way around this site,but it's starting to make sense.
Betty suggested I try over here. I just was in tears as I read the introductory entry. Yes, I know how it feels to be afraid of a lawn chair. What got me going was just at the end of school last year, in front of all the parents and children in the whole elementary school, I fell as I was going up the steps on the stage. That was bad enough, but mind you, I was already on the stage, my name had been called, all eyes were on me--the principal (very thin) immediately came over to give me a hand up--but she couldn't--the other administrator (also very large) had to come and help her--so it took TWO people to pull me up! I just wanted to run and hide, but somehow I kept my composure. I went to the mic and said, "Sorry about that, I raced barrels when I was younger and one clipped me in the knee and every once in a while that knee just goes out on me." That may have explained why I fell (actually I tripped over the hem of the skirt I was wearing, having forgotten by not having worn an enormous piece of material around my waist and down to my legs for years, that you have to lift it up in front to go up a step). That explained the fall, but not why it took TWO adults to pull me up! It HAD to happen with everyone in the whole school community watching! I am so grateful my son is in the high school and didn't see it, but he has probably heard about it.
Any way, seems like it might just be the two of us. I don't even know if you will find this again. I'll check back everyday and see if you do or if there are any other triple digits out there.
I used to try to Somersize, but with school (my excuse?) just couldn't keep up with the cooking and separating of foods. I tried Dr. Atkins for a couple of weeks on his Induction phase, but was getting light-headed and dizzy. So I re-read the Dr.Swarzbein books and decided it may take longer, but makes more sense and with what I already know about low carb, most recipes would already fit. I still have to supply carbs for my son, so with Dr.S's plan I can fix for me and just have a tiny bit of his regular carbs to be my regular carbs and we will both be eating better. I just need to get him off refined carbs and if I can cook good enough meals and stay planned ahead, this just might work! I am Type 2 diabetic so I still have to be careful. My reg. Dr. isn't a fan of either, "Just take your meds and quit reading!" I started at 298 at the beginning of July, went to 290 on the Atkins 2 weeks and haven't lost since, but feel better with Dr. S little bit of added carb. It's going to be a long road. Anyone out there want to travel with me? I'd love to have some company.