Thread: Leg Cramps
View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 20:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
If my feet and ankles get cold, especially when I'm sleeping, they cramp up. I usually sleep in several layers of socks for that reason, but I find taking a magnesium pill before bed helps a lot. I take the recommended dose of 135 mg of mag citrate three times a day: when I wake up, in the late afternoon, and before bed. I find that spreading it out through the day works best for me.

P.S. Avocados are a great source of potassium and magnesium, so if you like them it's good to make them a regular part of your diet.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

I went swimming the other day and ended up having to get out because the cramps got so bad. I did attribute it to the fact that the water was colder than usual. I'm hoping upping the magnesium gives me some relief. This has definitely been the most undesirable part of this woe for me. As for avacados, I don't think I'm allowed to have them yet in induction, but I plan on trying them when I can. I've never had one because until just before I began atkins, I had always hated guacamole. But I tried it again after years and found my tastes has changed. Thank you, and best of luck to you!