View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 05:46

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I agree and don't agree. There are advantages to a smaller eating window, but whether it should be earlier in the day or later is a bit up in the air. And that sugar thing does matter, a lot of the effect of meal timing will involve 24 hour variations in liver glycogen, on a lower carb diet, there should be lower variations in glycogen over the course of the day. It does sort of make sense for people who do eat carbohydrate to have it before and during the most active part of their day, rather than just before or while being slumped on the couch in the evening. Take in carbohydrate, the body has the choice of glycogen storage, glucose oxidation, and fat synthesis for disposal, inactivity means more will go towards glycogen storage and fat synthesis vs oxidation, it makes sense for this to lead to higher blood glucose, which seems to be what happens when breakfast is skipped instead of dinner on a diet containing significant amounts of carbohydrate. Children being fed big carbohydrate breakfasts and then being forced to be inactive at school in the morning is another type of experiment.

My current pattern is two meals a day, one with most of my protein and veggies for breakfast, and a second meal of homemade icecream for dinner, this seems to suit me pretty well. I'm probably not allowed to call it Bulletproof ice cream unless I use kerrygold butter, a patented mct oil mix and fungus-free cocoa. Similar idea, but it's low insulin food in the evening instead of the morning. I tried all the protein in the evening, with the ice cream as dessert, but it seemed to disrupt my sleep.