View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 21:56

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

On the dairy subject, another thing to look into is the A1 versus A2 casein milk proteins, which is something I'm N=1-ing right now. Some people with dairy challenges might possibly find this issue involved if it's the protein rather than lactose giving them trouble. Basic idea is some cows spontaneously developed a mutation thousands of years or so back so they make a type of milk casein protein A1 instead of A2 like some other cattle breeds and all sheep, goats etc. still produce. The big Holstein/black-and-white type cows tend to be the ones making A1, which is where most milk in America and a lot of other places comes from because these big gals make a lot of milk on the cheap. Specialty A2 milk from genetically tested cattle is out there, but I've just been shopping at regular grocery stores for goat milk/cheese, sheep cheese and and cow cheese imports from southern Europe where A2 breeds are still popular for their traditional cheeses. Then I'll go back to A1 dairy and see what happens.