Thread: Mental Shift
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-17, 20:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Although this is an old thread, i think it is a great idea. So i am bumping it up and adding to the list:
BENEFITS OF LOW CARB EATING AND WEIGHT LOSS

1. I spend more time thinking of the positives about myself rather than the negatives: When I overeat, I berate myself, tear myself down, beat myself up, etc. What is constantly on my mind are negative thoughts. When I eat well, I see myself in a new light, I imagine all my possibilities and what I can accomplish in my life.
2. I have less back pain as I lose weight.
3. I have more energy when I eat low carb.
4. I have more energy at a lower weight.
5. I feel less puffy when I eat low carb.
6. Instead of focusing and thinking about...hmmm what sweets/carbs/etc can I eat next and then spending the time eating them, I instead spend my time doing things I love, like gardening, photography, reading.
7. I feel better when I go hiking...I am no so short of breath.
8. For me the number one is: I feel in control of my eating instead of my eating controlling me. -- Suzien
9. I have fewer depressive episodes when I eat low carb -- Ena
10. I am much more focused and can concentrate better on what I'm doing -- Ena
11. I don't get any wind, ever!  -- Ena
12. even when i am not exactly enjoying myself (like right now, reading old posts as i bike very slowly on the stationary bike)...I feel proud of myself for all the learning. (ie: i have learned over the last 4 months that if carbs are calling my name -- not physical craving but that annoying voice in the head that keeps wondering if i *could* just have a bit of this or that -- if i get busy for 30 minutes it does pass. -- Blue
13. I seem to need less sleep! Or rather, I am waking up more alert after 8 hours than groggy and exhausted. -- Blue
14. I am less irritable and am clearer headed. -- Blue

Anyone in 2017 want to add to the list?