View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-20-17, 18:55

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Thanks for your posts -- Actually my BP has reduced latley. Of course I'm not complaining but I would like to know the reason.

I'm still on valsartim (without the diuretic) but I have been since August. In fact I was on it for months when my BP was 150/97. It is possible that maybe it took a real long time to kick in but I doubt it.

My regular doctor also prescribed the one with a thizide diuretic (HTZ) but as I have said on another thread it gave me some weird side effects and there is a link with some folks with the onset of diabetes with this drug so I discontinued it about 2 weeks or so. I was on a thizide diuretic before, for about a year -- my BG went from years of 83 FBG to 116 6 months into a free trial of Edarbyclor (with the diuretic) to 179 FBG one year into using that drug. Then I stopped the drug because of the price. Maybe its just a coincedence and I would have developed diabetes anyway but I decided not to use the one with the thizide diuretic this time.

The doctor also gave me a calcium blocker (to take with the valsatrim) but that one supposedly interferes with magnesuium and Vit. D absorbtion -- which is the last side affect we need on low carb, so I didn't take that one at all. I had my blood work done in late April -- everthing good (including BG) except my calcium was a little low. I eat a lot of dairy but I imagine mine is trouble with absorbtion.

Then my BP went down in early April.

I started breathing excercises with the resporate device (slows breathing). Also I increased Co Q 10 and added garlic tablets also. Maybe more sunlight led to increased Vit. D.

Maybe mine is caused mental stress as it subsided in the srpring and I am a teacher (although I didn't feel particularly stressed). Maybe its a combination of things.

I latley started adding beet juice (the powdered kind -- has few carbs) and am taking ALA and biberine.

Whatever the reason I'm glad its gone down and I might try to wean off the valsartim slowly (although I feel no negative effects) down the road if it stays down. If it goes back up in August it might just be the stress.

My goal for this summer is to lose some more weight and slowly add some strength training (I'm already riding my bike daily) and see how that goes.

Thanks again everyone.