Old Fri, May-19-17, 16:59
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whited
Here's my question. I've read on the internet a lot about a 10 day water only fast lowering blood pressure a significant amount. Of course many sites want you on a vegatarian diet afterword. I'd stick with low carb. Do you think a 10 day fast would be too much as I'm already low carb? I wonder, if I try this, if I should wean off the valsartim before I try this. The doctor probably would freak (he's a drugs first type of doctor) but I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a reduction of moderatly high blood pressure from a 10 day water only fast. Should I cease Co Q10 vit. D fish oil etc. while on the fast?

Thanks for your thoughts

Dennis
Sorry, I would not recommend water fasting or any < 700 calorie a day plans for you as a diabetic. Type I or II?
I am/was pre-diabetic: FBS: 116, now 88, and I had good results with IF 23/1 for one Winter period (one hour low-carb eating window), I can make some recommendations:

1. Weight loss can lower BP even though that didn't work for me.
2. Salt, the lack of electrolytes and/or dehydration can elevate BP. Some people are "salt sensitive" and limiting total sodium can be helpful for those patients.
3. Fermented foods such as kefir will change gut flora over time and have been linked to lowering BP.
4. IF lowered my FBS probably by curing my "insulin resistance" others have reported the same result.

Take home: No one knows enough about high BP, what causes it, or the way to fix it without drugs. I think mine was genetic, from both parents plus a bad life-style when younger, but I beat it anyway.

Best of luck on your journey. It took me years of experimenting, so never give up!