#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 14:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good suggestions, folks...

...but if she's just your cleaning lady, as opposed to 'close friend' or 'sister', you'll have a hard time getting through to her. She might resent you for not respecting her beliefs.

Just because I'm bored, I just *had* to <a target="_blank" href="http://www.hacres.com/home.asp">visit the Hallelujah Acres website</a>. The passage:

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you." (Genesis 1:29)

<b>That's</b> the passage?! You have got to be kidding me!! All it says is, "eat your friggin' veggies!" It says nothing about avoiding meat!

Man, it's a total starvation diet.

The "most harmful foods" section is full of untruths. "Meat is the primary cause of adult-onset diabetes..." Since when?! The man has obviously never heard of s-u-g-a-r.

"Table salt, sodium chloride, is an inorganic sodium compound formed by the union of sodium and chlorine that is extremely toxic to the body." Oh, puh-LEEZ. My head is starting to hurt.

I don't have time right now to write to this minister-pretending-to-be-a-biochemist, but I think it would be cool to open up a can of KENT on him.