View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-31-09, 11:54

Plan: Schwarzbein/gluten free
Stats: 148/146/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Cathy and Mrs. Skip,
I have read all of her books also, and I always seem to go back to the first one, but her second one is great too, just lots more info. I have had a lifelong addiction to caffeine, especially coffee. But I believe it stems from being gluten intolerant, and the feelings and fatigue that go along with that. I haven't been tested for gluten, but I seem to react to all gluten grains, even things like kamut and spelt. So I am back to starting to more closely follow Schwarbein principles again.
Whenever I relapse into coffee drinking, my weight stalls, I have the abdominal thing going on. I am also dealing with a slow menopause, it's not really started yet, but I have all these female type imbalances. I really think it's messed up hormones that relate back to insulin problems. So sugar, caffeine, and alcohol are what I am working on eliminating, and eating balanced meals as she suggests are my current goal.
Losing 3lbs in 5 days is quite encouraging!
I really like the chapters on low serotonin state and how it can be helped with diet.....yes I am dealing with depression big time, but maybe the light is starting to come on?