View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-24, 03:32

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Pharmaceuticals have become consumer-driven -- at least in the shrunken brains of those running the companies now. Soon, it will be the "treatment for laziness" and a True Love Pill.

I'm not even being ridiculous. They don't understand what they are playing with. But they continue to play with it.

As someone with autoimmune -- I can't go to the doctor. They will fill me with steroids or other means to suppress my immune system. I cannot agree to that because they are working from the wrong theory.

And they are only driven by symptom removal. NOT actually fixing anything. Like all such "strategies" this is short term gain and long term disaster.

It keeps reminding me of family gathering where DH saw relatives we hadn't seen in a few years, and they all come up to him and asked how I'd managed to keep the weight off. When told it was "still Atkins" they would nod sadly and say, "But you have to stay on it."

He and I's response, to ourselves, is "well, duh!"

Also, when I feel well, I have energy. I want to get out and take walks. Exercise can be a self-reinforcing side effect of eating actual food.