View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 08:41

Plan: Keto IF
Stats: 275/242.8/192 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default 6.06 mile Trail run/hike early morning

Although legs are still a little tired/tender going ahead with the Dunes hike/run, early this morning before shopping. Once again, new best time on outbound leg. No issues with knees or almost turned ankle events. Really getting familiar with the route now and my down hill gate is getting pretty smooth. My shirt was soaked upon return to the trail head. I remembered to stretch the hamstrings which was a good thing, although almost painful at first. Did notice a new muscle tightness in front of leg just above knee, did not seem to be an issue. Used truck today no bike.

HeartRate data:
Total Time 1:21 avg134 max167
Zones 16-16-25-40-2%
Outbound hike/run 39:36 133avg 167max
Return leg hike/run 41:44 135avg 161max
-----------------------------------------------
Wed 5th May 2010 Weights - Decided to do weights today after the 6 miles in the Dunes. Started the weights at noon, was going to try to get through the exercises quicker today. After about 60 minutes, noticed that I could not complete some lifts that were not a problem before. As I'm back in the low carb mode , that run may very well be the cause. I gave it another few minutes and took a break for lunch, the chicken was done in the oven, good timing.
Came back after a carb-free lunch to finish up, had a little more energy but not much. With the low energy I could not complete intended reps nor get through the lifts quickly. Also did not break a sweat this time but was kind of lagging/tired after each lift near the end.