Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 22:58

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 315.5/189.8/170 Female 5 ft  8.5 in
BF:
Progress: 86%

WOW! Thanks for such a speedy welcome, Rosebud. I have been cruising the site exploring every nook and cranny as you suggested. There is just so much stuff to check out, I fear I might miss something! I was also going to try to put a photo with my post, but couldn't get it to work. I wonder if my pixels and bytes are too excessive???

Anyway, I have also tried Atkins in the past, and many people I know have been successful with it, but it is too restrictive for me. I would agree that eating all that protein and fats certainly curbs the appetite, but the craving for more veggies and fruits just drove me wild. That is why I think TSP might possibly be my best bet. I didn't even know about it until I read about it in a women's magazine a week or so ago, but the information presented was just enough to get me motivated to check it out further. I am 54 years old, and certainly not getting any younger. I'm sorry, I forget that some abbreviations don't mean a thing to others.....DJD is Degenerative Joint Disease......Degenerative arthritis plagues everyone in my family....my 82 year old mother has bilateral total knees, and I'm afraid that's where I'm headed also, the way I am going! And with several degenerative disc spaces in my back along with some degree of herniation, you'd think that I would have been able to do something about my weight years ago. I even had a stomach stapling about 20 years ago. I lost 80 pounds, but over the years, I gained it all back, plus some. I have lost significant weight with Nutri-system and Weight Watchers also, but obviously, I did not change my way of eating for life. I try no to think about what a failure I have been in the weight loss department! I have never done anything like this before......(subscribing to a forum)......"spilling my guts" out in black and white hopefully will be "cleansing" and inspiring!

Linda