View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-08, 18:31
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 226/224/150 Female 64 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 3%

There aren't many veggies I don't like except greens-like spinach, collards, turnip greens, etc. I eat just about everything else. In fact, this weekend, I put a whole assortment on the grill-zucchini, peppers, onions, eggplant, portabellas,etc. Delicious. you should try it sometime.

My job......... Well the job I have now is not the job I came to MS for. I moved here for a job at the VA. I thought it would be great to have a government job. Great benefits, all those holidays, etc. I absolutely hated that job. Partly it is the bureacracy and partly I found out some of the dirty little secrets of our military. I had my life threatened for the first time in my career and it took them 3 months to do anything about it. And even then, it wasn't much. I only lasted there 10 months. I loved the people I worked with and they respected me a great deal. I could certainly go back there some day if I ever wanted but I don't see it right now. I now work at a community hospital. I am the medical director of a geriatric psych unit. It is actually a great fit for me because all thosee geriatric patients have lots of medical problems and I can handle the whole thing which makes life a lot less complicated. I also go to 2 nursing homes. One on Wed. afternoons and one all day Thurs. This is the first job I've had where I have had a real appreciation for how special my training is. I really like this job. In fact, it's the best job I've had since residency. I almost hate saying that for fear I will jinx myself. We take call a week at a time. I'm on call now but it's nothing like my call was in PA. Don't know if you remember that. This is totally doable.

Probably way more information than most of you all wanted to know.