#3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-08, 09:42

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65
Well, I'm just glad you didn't disappear again after I found you.
Me TOO!!

Don't retire! I found out that just a former coworker said, "You are so busy when you retire, you wonder how you got anything done when you were working!"

For example; I thought that this weekend I would have some time to post some long delayed posts here. But then Saturday I helped a neighbor, that I owed a favor to, fill in a 10 foot gap in the rock wall along the road in front of his property. His wife came out from the city midday and then came down and helped by raking the dead grass so we could find the rest of the rocks I had dumped last year. We finished about 5PM and she asked me up to the house to have something to drink. After hesitating I thought, GO do it!, and did. We wound up having a great time. I found out he was also a collector of Marx toy trains. Then she asked me to have supper. They are vegetarians (but eat sea food) so she had some sardines, which I had told them about eating for breakfast. SO that was my meat dish, with some Munster (sp?) cheese on it. Then as she was getting stuff out for them to eat she pulled out a big broccoli head at which point I said I love bockey’ so she steamed some for me. They had aspargrass (sp?) with chopped onion, chopped garlic clove, chopped green pepper and what I suspect was tofu. When she was dishing supper up I let her give me a spoon full of the mix. Turned out great which surprised me as the few times I have tried aspargrass it was awfull! He said that too many people over cook it so it is really soft, but they found that keeping it crisp makes all the difference - and I said, just like cooking broccoli, overcooked just is not as good. So by the time the dinner/evening was over it was 9:30 which meant it was almost 11 when I got to bed.

So I was dragging Sunday and then wound up haveing several intrusions followed by a two hour phone call from my sister (love her - but wish she would have called another day ) so again I was late going to bed. And didn’t finish watering my orchids so the last cycle of soaking them, as I can’t soak them all at once, started as I went to bed and then about 2AM when I woke up I had to go and drain them so they would not have their “feet” wet too long.

Tell me about your new job, Petra. How did you come to take it, etc.?

And what about the rest of you PP/PPLPers?? I know, I know, you are just as, if not more, busy than I am.