View Single Post
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Jul-16-11, 19:36

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

For induction DANDR is three cups salad veggies or 2 cups salad veggies plus one cup other acceptable veggies.

Don't know about NANY, but in DANDR the point is to get the MAJORITY of your 20 carbs from veggies. The three times I have done induction I only ever got to around 15 carbs and at LEAST 10 of those were from veggies. At all times you should be getting at least 50% of your carbs from veggies....not cheese or salad dressing or such.

The point is to be re-trained to eat veggies. If you choose to eat the lower carb veggies and want to eat more to make up your carb allowance it's not that big a deal. However, if you choose to eat the lower carb veggies so you can use up your carb allowance on other foods....well, that's not good or healthy. There are limits to the amount of carbs you should be getting from sources other than veggies.

Caffeine stalls some people, which would account for the difference with the coffee.

My best advice would be to choose which Atkins you want to use and simply follow it to the letter. HTH!!!!