View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 05:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach twist
Stats: 155/145/120 Female 166 centimeters
BF:AussizeS18/C14/G10
Progress: 29%

I am not Indian, but I cook a lot of Indian food because I had an Indian fiance once and learnt how to cook many indian foods from him. I also have a very good indian cookbook, and I have to say, Indian foods is one of the easiest to modify for low-carbing for me. I do have to cut down on onions and for some dishes I limit the coconut milk, but mostly I find it convenient to cook indian food at home rather than eat in a restaurant because they have hidden sugars and carbs here. Most of my serving are around 7g carbs (I count them because I'm doing Atkins), and I don't add salt to the food, so i can eat the foods without rice. (yes, I know it's much more enjoyable with rice) but most of the meat curries I treat like I'm eating a "steak with curry sauce" so with no salt in the food, it is very nice to eat without rice. For veggie curries, I avoid potatoes. I do a lot of vegetable dishes with just curry leaves ,mustard seeds, garlic and bit of onion. Same with the fish dishes.
Do you know once I took some left over pork curry and took it to work the next morning, and mixed ith with 3 egg and made a "curry pork omelette" in the microwave? I tasted very nice and i was very surprised.