View Single Post
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-11, 16:16

Plan: my own
Stats: 267/213/170 Male 70"
BF:
Progress:

I started at 267 pounds. I dieted the traditional way & got down to 225 & stalled out in april. I've been making adjustments since then & recently decided to give the low carb thing a try. I'm periodically shifting back & forth between deep ketosis & carb cycling & am down to 212 pounds currently. My initial goal is to get down to 8% body fat which should put me between 170 & 175 pounds. At that point, I'll begin serious body building. I want to get up to 215 pounds at 8% bf eventualy. I'll have to increase the carbs to accomplish that but for the moment I'm only focused on fat loss. On the traditional diet, my sweet spot was around 1500 cal per day, so I adjusted that to compensate for the 300 cal metabolic advantage with LC. So far its working well. I'll make adjustments as I go.

Edit: I work an active job & live a fairly active lifestyle. I know from tinkering with calories over time that my personal maintenance level is 2500 to 2800 cal per day, so the 1800 gives me a significant deficit. As far as the earlier question about upping from 1500, everybody's different. For reference, I'm 5'10" tall with a medium-large frame. According to the BMI charts, my ideal weight is 140ish to 160ish pounds, but for my frame, that wouldn't be healthy. Hopefully I answered some questions.