#25   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-07, 11:57

Plan: organic-lowcarb/sugarfree
Stats: 96/96/96 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Hey ladies!

WOW! I'm not happy almost everyone here has PCOS but, at the same time, I am; because that means we've got each other for support!!!

I was also diagnosed with PCOS since ~2000 and so the docs started a OC treatment. I had to change OCs about three times because they were too strong for me! I stopped taking the OCs about two months ago because my Hubby and I are TTC and surprisingly, my period has been very regular and, up until now (knock on wood) my eggs haven't developed into cysts--which makes me very happy!

I was also diagnosed with R.Hypoglycemia and I've been LCrbing for about two years. My diet's carbs are always organic and I eat red meats to a minimum but it has really helped out a lot! I never dewveloped any weight problems due to the hypoglycemia except for losing weight too fast!! At the beginning of the LC diet to monitor and stabilize my blood glucose levels I lost a little weight and was scared of losing too much of it; so sometimes I eat a bit more than usual! Does anyone know why this happens--I'll keep researching just in case!

I've never heard of the Met treatment for both PCOS and Hypoglycemia but I do know that Hypoglycemia may cause PCOS and viceversa. I'm going to tell my OBGYN and ENDOC. Thanks for the info!!

I hope everyone gets healthier!