#9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-30-16, 13:06

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
Christine, I agree with you completely. The original PP was somewhat fat phobic but I ignored that advice. Like you, I was impressed with the PPLP. I haven't liked any of their other books although I bought, read and tried them all. The 6-week plan and Maintenance were the worst and not worth the money. I notice that Nutri-System is advocating the 2 weeks of shakes as in the 6-week plan. At the end of the 2 weeks I never wanted to see a shake again!

I lost 80 pounds on PP. Took almost a year and was very frustrating but it worked and that is all I care about.
Was the original PP fat phobic? I don't remember that but it's been years since I first read it, but it was PP that first led me to LC back in 1997, and I don't recall worrying about fat at all. Atkins had been around a long time at that point but, sorry to say, I read his book and thought he sounded like a snake oil salesman and it totally turned me off from the idea of low carb. But the PP book, with more emphasis on science, turned me on.

I lost 80 pounds in 14 months - but after a 3-year stall I admit I got discouraged and fell face-down into the carbs again and gained back all the weight "and then some" over the next 5 years, and it was not until 2006 I began a LC journey again, a journey I am still on now for 10 years.

I don't recall reading PPLP but I assume I did as I see I have both PP and PPLP on my "diet-related" bookshelf.

I hated the 6-week book! In fact I wrote a fairly critical review of it on Amazon which, for a long time, was on the top of the heap as the most helpful review. I got panned by Jimmy Moore for my review even though I started it right out by saying the Eades's were heroes of mine and I owed a lot to PP, and perhaps one reason I was so disappointed in this book (which felt quickly and hastily thrown together to me) was because I expected so much more from them.

In one of his blog posts Dr. Mike directly blamed my review for the poor sales of his book in the US, but I think the book spoke for itself in that regard. However he did say that in the UK (where my review was not around) his Amazon sales were much better.

These days I'm no longer on their specific plan, but I do owe them a lot.