View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 15:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/145/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Wow Matty, as others have said, your list of attempts to break you stall sound very similar to mine and the list is just as long!

Congrats for still sticking with it despite the stall, I really commend you!
(I realize, more than anyone, that people do need to hear that!)

I realize that I am also very metabolically resistant. I keep on keepin' on though. I'm committed. I'm going to be a skinny girl YET! hehehe. Because of how committed I am, I too have tried it all! Many things have worked, and I will continue to do them, but I do experience stalls or marginal weight loss often.

Anyway, I went to the Atkins website and
for many who've posted comments, it appears that a lot of people aren't taking enough L-Carnitine to get the benefits of weight loss

Atkins suggests 500 mg 3x a day of L-Carnitine (which I will also purchase and start taking) (see: http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/11/30-273880.html )

It also suggest CoQ10 and chromium as they all work well in conjunction with one another. I was opting to get the L-Carnitine only in the interest of keeping the cost low, especially since it has been working well for Matty and those who are taking enough, but I guess I will get all three to maximize the effects. Wish me luck!