Old Sun, Jun-01-08, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Get your Vitamin D3 status checked.
Ask for a 25(OH)D test or get one of these done
It is almost certain you will be vitamin d insufficient.
Raise your status to between 50-60ng/ml or 125-150nmol/l with an effective amount of vitamin D3 cholecalciferol It's usual to use 50,000iu one each week for 8-12 weeks then use 5000iu/daily The 50,000iu/once a week averages 7000iu daily As your body uses between 3000 - 5000iu daily this enables your body to have slightly more than it needs and thus replenish it's stores.
This calculator enables you to work out how long you need to stay in the sun.

I use both 5000iu/daily and as much full body non burning sun exposure as possible in the UK doing this I can get my 25(OH)D to 147.5nmol/l 59ng/ml.

I was in constant joint and muscle neurogenic pain that none of the pain killers I was prescribed touched unless I took them at levels that zonked me out so I had no quality of life at all. Raising my Vitamin D status has reduced the pain to such an extent that I no longer use any pain killers. The pain is still there but at such a low level for the most part I ignore it. It's really only when I'm in bed that I am aware of my ankles/wrists and the lower back pain and muscle pain I've lost (hopefully for good) There is some research showing those with higher Vit d status use half the pain medication for half the time as those with low status but I've not the time now to find it.