Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 23:18
Registered Member

Plan: vegan lowcarb (self-made)
Stats: 178/172/160 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
The premise is that when you eat a protein/fat meal, and then you have carbs - it spikes your insulin and thereby everything gets stored as fat.

Yup, I can see that making some sense. I was just thinking about this today, in fact. The seed/protein shake is basically my fat/pro. I drink it in the morning and then don't consume any carbs until a minimum of 4 hours later. I hadn't really planned it that way, but that's what I've been doing. Now I'm wondering if I'm allowing enough time between my evening meal (generally a little more carby) and my nighttime fat/pro seed drink. Today I had plenty of time, but I think it's generally only an hour or two. I had this rule from the last time I dieted where I always make sure not to eat within two hours of going to sleep, so I try not to save food for really late in the evening/night. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this a good rule to stick to, or do you think it's irrelevant if it's essentially carbless and all fat and protein?

Quote:
It is suggested that the best combo is a carbos breakfast and then pro/fats the rest of the day, and I do find that works well.

Hmmm... so far I have been avoiding carbs for breakfast, with the thinking being that hopefully I'm running on ketones when I wake up in the morning, and hopefully I can prolong that into the afternoon before I eat some carbs. Why does she suggest carbs in the morning?

My other concern is that I do like to have carbs pre- and post-workout, which is always later in the day.

Quote:
I think what may help you is how you are combining your carbs/proteins. For what it's worth.

I'm all ears. Give me more details if you think it's something I can apply to how I'm eating. Thanks.
Sponsored Links