#3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 09:15

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Looked at that way, ketoadaptation--I usually see this defined as the adaptation of the brain to ketones as a primary fuel--is really the result of the rest of the body being reticent enough towards ketone oxidation to spare it for the brain.

The question posed regarding "Fat burning cellular education" at a physiological level is an interesting one. The explanation from teaser is an excellent summary from a physiological perspective. From my N=1 experiences, I know that the first time I became what I call "fat adapted" was a very different experience than subsequent forays in and out of the state where my body uses fat as its primary fuel. Since I like to stay in fat burning mode most of the time, but occasionally transition to glucose as primary fuel, I find it much faster and easier, physically and mentally, to transition back to fat burning than my first experience when I purposely transitioned to fat primary. It may be that my metabolism now has experience making this transition. It also may be that since I'm never that far away from fat primary, that it's a much easier transition. It is likely a combination of the two where my metabolism is wired and the pathways exist to enable the transition, and I'm never that far into glucose primary that enables the ease of moving back to fat primary.