#15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-10, 11:28

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl2
Seejay and Sunspot, I would be very interested in some examples of things you discovered about connections between food / physical / emotional from journaling. Just examples which will give me ideas of the types of things to look for, if you have a bit of time and dont' mind sharing some of that.
I musta had hundreds of aha moments. My most productive was looking over the past 3-5 days and just see what I saw without any preconceptions, and that's when patterns started to show.

What came up for me during steps 1 and 2 -

- slight nausea 1.5 hours after a meal was a blood sugar drop, caused by a bad mix of protein/carb/fat for the previous meal. Could be too much protein or too much carb or not enough everything or not enough fat or, or, or... I don't have those any more by the way - fat adapting fixed it plus the JK amounts of food.

- I didn't know how I felt because I honestly never paid attention! I learned to do a top-to-toe survey of my physical and emotional state at meals and in between meals, just to have a record. My early journal was filled with things like "headache, backache, ravenous, stuffed, antsy, sad, hyper" and now it is "feel great as usual".

- If I didn't have enough food 2 days in a row, I'd binge on the third. This was such an exciting pattern for me to see because it told me that binges were NOT mysterious and out of the blue, but a predictable thing that would happen when my activity oustripped my nutrition.

- Surprising to me, I erred more often in not getting enough food, as opposed to eating too much. I wouldn't stop doing fun things to eat. I always thought I was a big eater - not true, just more like a lion, starve/binge.