View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-18, 05:34

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Tired of being tired, Victoria Woodhall tried a radical ten-day eating plan to boost her energy levels. But could this really be possible without a single carb?

Ditching bread and potatoes, she dined-out on salmon, tuna, eggs, chicken, leaf spinach, rocket, cucumber, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, parmesan and pine nuts, mozzarella, halloumi, cream cheese, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, coconut cream, raw cacao, basil, mint and coriander.

I haven't read the article yet, but I'm assuming by "not a single carb", what she really means is no hearthealthywholegrains, no potatoes - basically no starches and sugars. That list of foods she was eating has quite a few things that have carbs. So if she was eating any plant matter at all, she was getting carbs in her diet. Even her eggs and cheeses have carbs, albeit in very small amounts.

I really do hate how the media spin on LC is always that it has no carbs at all, even when obviously even the ones claiming they're eating no carbs are eating at least some carbs.