Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 15:41
Registered Member

Plan: Carb. Addicts
Stats: 185/190/170 Male 5' 10"
BF:21%
Progress: -33%
Thumbs up

Dear Missydog:

The best general health strength training book I've ever read is called "Power to the People!" Enter that title at Amazon.com to read all about it. The book is a fun read, although the testosterone smell is a bit thick off the pages.

The basic program involves doing one set of 5 deadlifts, resting, then doing another set of 5 with 90% of whatever you just used. That done, you move on to side press (a one handed overhead press) done in the same way: one set of 5, rest, second set of 5 with 90% of whatever you just used. Repeat 3-5 days per week. You start light, build up the weights slowly over a month or two, then, when you can't get 5 reps anymore, you start over at the beginning with light weights.

What's really nice, and an unexpected suprise with this book, is the information on using tension and proper exercise form to lift more and greatly improve your safety on the very first day!!

I was a North Carolina NASA Powersports champion last year and I love this program. For fashion model fitness, or serious strength training up to and including powerlifting competition, this book is all you need. You won't get bulky, but you will get strong and you won't waste time.