#12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 08:19

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Cheeses are complex with a wide variety of microbes, and the changes they invoke. Honestly I never gave it much thought until recentlyy. Dr Atkins mentions avoiding cheese for those with over growth issues, it is on a list that includes vinegars. More recently cheeses high in vitamin k2 became an interest, and gouda rates highly and other cheese that is aged has more than shorter aging times. Like 3 month cheddar v. 12 m cheddar. Then the fat solvable vitamins can vary greatly. Anyway..... you get my point.

Good points. Like so many other general pronouncements about dietary influence of a food that can vary by variety, much more needs to be understood. I don't believe cheese can raise cholesterol depending on one's WOE, but the variety of cheese types and some of the processed cheeses on the market make the issue much more complex than simply stating that cheese "lowers cholesterol" particularly what is referred to as "bad" cholesterol. At some point someone will say (yes, recognizing Paul Harvey) "here's the rest of the story."