#3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-09, 11:15

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWee
So all that being said, I realize that I sabotage myself in little ways... I realize this, and yet I can't see myself changing those things any time soon.
I eat a lot of almonds. A lot being about two handfulls a day.
I drink a LOT of diet coke (4 or 5 cans).
I don't adhere to strict induction after a cheat.
I eat LC ice cream from time to time.
Does anyone else knowing sabotage themselves in tiny ways?

Hmm, I'm not sure I would really call any of the above "sabotage". To me sabotage is going out for Dunkin Donuts on Saturday mornings or something like that!

But plenty of people have lost tons of weight eating almonds and drinking diet soda and eating LC ice cream. And tons of people lose a lot of weight without ever going on Atkins or Induction. Personally Atkins Induction only leads me off the deep end into cheating territory.

I mean this has to be a way of life for us! If eating almonds or drinking diet coke means the difference between staying on plan or cheating then I saw eat or drink them. Almonds make a huge difference to me also, and unless you have really gigantic hands I can't think two handfuls a day is excessive.

Do you eat them raw? (I do, and love them). Dr William Davis, of the Heartscan blog, claims:

Quote:
Contrary to conventional advice, nuts can be eaten in unlimited quantities. Provided they are raw--unroasted, unsalted (since salting only accompanies roasted nuts), not roasted in unhealthy oils like hydrogenated cottonseed or soybean (very common)--they do not make you fat, regardless of the quantity consumed.

Is he right? Who knows, but I don't feel guilty if I eat a handful or two of raw almonds, which I did just an hour ago, .

But I am clearly a turtle. I have not lost any weight in nearly 7 months now even though I still have well over 100 pounds to lose. But I don't say I do anything to *deliberately* sabotage myself. I do my absolute best to stay on track and focused on low carb, unprocessed foods, and healthy eating. I've given up things that many people use and still lose weight - I've given up coffee, I've given up all diet sodas, I've given up most dairy products.

I just don't lose weight. Clearly there is something preventing it, but I don't know what. And all of the things you mention above are allowed on many LC plans and people do well with them, so can't think of any as deliberate sabotage.

However we may be *inadvertantly* sabotaging ourselves in some way by eating foods that we are sensitive too, eating too much, eating too little, eating too early, eating too late, exercising too much, not exercising enough, too much fat, not enough fat, too many carbs, too few carbs...the list is endless of things that have broken stalls for other people (and most of which I have tried). We just have not found what works for us.