View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 210/191/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:38/37.2/??
Progress: 32%
Default Allergic reactions to meat. Also a look at allergies and histamine.

I had a more severe reaction yesterday, and pork rinds were not on the menu. it was so bad I had to go to the ER, as blood pressure dropped. I'm going to be carrying Benadryl and an EPi-Pen after this. I'm not sure if there was one trigger.

I am thinking that maybe I am having a problem dealing with histamines. Both these attacks occurred after 10 p.m.

See this article.

i have had allergies before going low carb but this severe itching/low blood pressure close to loss of consciousness has kicked in since modifying my diet. Is it connected? Is my gut biome changing? See excerpt and link below.

'low carb equals a less acidic colonic environment due to the drop in fermentation (and I presume harder, and less frequent stools as a function of reduced biomass from bacteria – or maybe not). As pH shifts, prospects for opportunistic pathogens increase, as does opportunities for gram-negative bacteria like Bacteroides and Enterobacter. When you add this up – and a lot of more shifts in the microbial ecology of the low carb gut – you most certainly have a classic case of microbial dysbiosis – as the name implies, an imbalance. This dysbiosis can lead to issues associated with IBD, autoimmune disease, metabolic disorders and so on."

Link

That said, I am not affected by ragweed this season, and I usually am.

Not sure what to do re eating. Am almost afraid to eat at this point.

This is a good piece on histamines. Link