#5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 17:50
Registered Member

Plan: zone
Stats: 205/165/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:

Hello,

I have never posted before but I had to write and tell you not to listen to the people who say it's your diet. I use the zone diet and limiting your carbs to some extent is helpful. But the insulin resistance from PCOS is a low estradiol problem. Go straight to the library and read "it's your Ovaries Stupid" by Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet. Do not take your carbs below the zone amount as you will ruin your metabolism even more.

I know it sounds logical that if carbs cause insulin to come out then lowering them makes sense. But if you can't eat a normal amount of nutritious food, something is causing all that insulin resistance and I learned in this book that it is your estradiol. It should be over 100 and it should be tested on day 1 and day 20 of your cycle. Low estradiol throws off your thyroid, adrenal, and insulin function. Do not let them just measure total estrogens, you must get estradiol tested.

READ THID BOOK! I floundered around for 30 years and believe this is the answer or at least it should be checked out!