View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-08, 13:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

Hey Yael!
Thanks for answering, I felt like I was calling in the deserts (I'm in Beer Sheva) I haven’t heard of the new pies I will definitely look for them, I hope they don't have potatoes in them. As for sugar different items: Atkins (ZT"L) says that you should be alert for what he calls hidden carbs and that is why he advises making homemade mayonnaise, in the states they put sugar in it. HaMutag makes mayonnaise without sugar 1.6 carbs per 100g. So we don't have to bother with the homemade stuff. It is important to avoid sugar since it effects blood sugar and stops the ketons effect. You are supposed to spread out the carbs throughout the day and get them mostly from vegetables. Did you find any tomato paste without sugar in it? I haven't. Salaty Strauss has something like 5-8 carbs for 100g, I consider that high for a food that should barely have any and I don’t buy it. What did you do for Haroset? I made my own using walnuts, dry red wine, diet apple tarkiz, coconut milk and gelatin. It tasted wonderful but it didn't look to great, on the other hand nether does regular Haroset!
We still should find an official place to complain. The companies test the food to find which is preferred and nowadays with the sugar craze that has swept the country, especially the younger generation, that and the low fat rhetoric, the public prefers sweet food. Who would believe years ago that they would add sugar to Humus?! Anyway, the companies are going to produce food based on the results of their taste test and ignore the complaint of one or two people (crazy enough to do l/c!).
Hag Sameach!