View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-30-18, 07:34

Plan: Keto + IF (16/8)
Stats: 218/171/170 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 98%
Default Made it through keto flu... I will live

Whoa! I'm 42 yr old male... It's been almost 20 years since I've been this committed to the Atkins' induction phase.

My first go round with Atkins 20 years ago was really hard- but I lost 50 lbs and kept 35 of it off for 3 years. But the weight crept back up for the next 10 years and for the past 10 years I said to hell with it and ate like a teenager.

Today I'm at day 12, down from 218 to 206. The first 8 lbs were water- but 4 lbs in less than 2 weeks is better than expected. One thing that was really different this time was how crappy I felt for 10 days. So bad that it really freaked me out was to see how addicted I was (am) to sugar, empty carbs, and processed food.

I didn't remember feeling like a zombie for 10 days 20 years ago when I did Atkins; but your body changes.

I'm excited that I can already see physical changes- my face has lost some fat, I'm already fitting into old jeans.

But what's also really impressive is my wallet. I didn't pay attention to how much I really ate out. I spent hundreds of dollars a month on Door Dash, Uber Eats, and Postmates. I'm surprised they haven't come to check on me!!!

I really hope this becomes a WOL. I'm soon to be 43, my dad has Type 2 diabetes, and I see so many men my age who look just like me... I really need to get to a healthy weight.

Anyway, just wanted to post this for anyone who is struggling with the carb withdrawals/keto flu.
Sponsored Links