#108   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 17:18
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default First major prep workout for April's 10K

Thanks for the support, Thud. You inspire me. I'll do my best to inspire you right back.

I went to the local middle school track today for my first significant cardio workout since last April. It was 67 degree, but very windy. I wasn't alone, either. I even saw one of my old walking buddies working out at the track. It was a good day for it. Here is what I did:

Total Distance: 7 miles

Walked 2 laps to warm up.
Jogged 4 laps (1 mile)
Walked 2 laps
Jogged 2 laps
Walked 2 laps
Jogged 2 laps
After this I alternated between walking 1 lap and jogging 1 lap until I'd reached the distance of a 10K (6.2 miles)
Walked 3 more laps to warm down and complete 7 miles.

I jogged a little more than 5K of the 10K and walked the rest. I checked my fitness app at that point to get the time. 86 minutes. My jogging speed was bout 5 mph and walked at 3.7 mph. I didn't push things too hard today, but I have to admit that those last two jogging laps were pretty tough. I am definitely NOT in jogging shape. I was drenched in sweat from head to toe, so I'd have to say that this was an awesome first workout. It needs to be the first of many if I have any hope of doing the 10K in less than an hour.