View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-31-15, 15:16

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Yeaaah, probably have to agree with the "don't do it" kind of advice.

I started this WOL last June (almost been a yr!) and I was SOLID- I mean ROCK SOLID for about 6 months straight- through BDays and thanksgiving and Halloween candy and the entire Christmas Season of baked-goods-gluttony!.... and then, having done so well... I thgouth to myself, "Hey! Why not celebrate on New Yrs Eve with a planned high carbs meal?"

Well, the planned cheat was for my favorite crusty bread (as part of a special meal)... the bread lead to more bread and chocolate and more chocolate... and before I knew what had happened, I had gone FULL OUT on bread and chocolate, eating way more than I ever planned to eat that night.

Now, that's not SO bad. I mean, I planned a "deviation" from plan. I did it. It went a bit crazy. No biggie.

I DID get RIGHT back on plan after. and stayed RIGHT on plan for many days/weeks...

BUT (and it's a big but! ) something happened when I allowed those carbs back in. When I deviated from my rigid stance of NONE! They slowly, slowly, slowly became easier to say OK to...

It hasn't been a lot.

Probably 4 different days total from Jan-June... BUT it has had an AWFUL effect on my weight losses. I was doing AWESOME! Then, planned to eat carbs... did eat carbs... and KEPT eating carbs (even just a little throws me out of fat-burning mode).

SO, that's my cautionary tale.

People warned me too- before.

They said sometimes people give in to carbs and they are gone from here for good. Never to be heard from again.

The pull of carbs is REAL.

The slippery slope is real.

for me, I CANNOT deviate. Seems I'm an all or nothin' carber.

Better to be on the NOTHIN' side.
Not one taste, not one crumb, not one bit!

I wish you ALLLLLLLLL the best in whatever you decide.

Everyone is different.

For me, a "little carbs (sugar/grains)" is a very bad idea.

Good luck to you! Enjoy your party and the festival!

Jammie