View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-23-08, 14:53

Plan: No processed foods
Stats: 247.6/232.8/150 Female 5'5"
BF:yes
Progress: 15%

In short, protein power requires you to eat a minimum amount of protein each day, depending on your height/weight/gender. One main difference from Atkins is that PP does not care what source you use to fill your carbohydrate allotment...if you want to eat a 1/4 cup of corn instead of a good amount of broccoli or salad, that is your choice. That also opens up lots of LC fruits, etc. that you can choose to add to your menus. I don't have the book in front of me, but I (or someone) could look up your minimum protein requirements. You also eat slightly more carbs during the PP "intervention" phase as opposed to Atkins' "induction." (15 carbs per meal, I believe).

The protein power life plan book is an excellent read. They are big on science and actually getting you to understand how the plan works, and they also go into other beneficial things such as taking magnesium & the benefits of sunlight. I have done Atkins in the past, but I really enjoy protein power much more.

Please feel free to ask some specific questions about what aspects of the plan you are interested in...I'm sure there are a lot of people ready with answers!